Tuesday, June 29, 2010

First Post

It used to be that I did not talk a lot, but as I have gotten older that has changed. I find myself always telling stories at work, at home, or anywhere someone is willing to listen to me ramble on. Some folks may have thought that I named my blog Rambling Scott because I went to the Georgia Tech, the school of the Ramblin' Wreck, but that just happens to be a coincidence. The real reason is because I am a rambling story teller.  I enjoy relating things of the now with my storied past, although I am not so sure others enjoy them so much.  In fact, my wife Jo Ann frequently lets me know when my stories have become tiresome and repetitive, and I'm waiting for the day that my kids start rolling their eyes at me when I get started. So, I thought that maybe I could get the story telling out of my system if I rambled in writing on this blog, sparing the ears of my friends and family.  Probably not.  In fact, it might even make it worse. 


2 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading it. Are you going to write a book of some sorts. Things read good, like a book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of my stuff as interesting enough for a book. Mostly I've just been writing stuff for the fun of it. I write a lot of technical documents at work, and I've learned to like writing. Writing this about these kinds of things is more fun.

    ReplyDelete

All images and text copyright © 2010,2011 Scott Humphries